Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Blessings.


Just a few blessings I'm feeling grateful for this Sunday.

1. Our apartment.
I know what you're thinking, and you're right. There have definitely been a few moments where I have not been so grateful for our apartment. But after teaching the sunbeams "I am thankful for my home" today at church, I'm feeling happy that I have a clean, safe place to call my home. Living where we do has been a huge blessing in my life.

2. Education.
Education is so important to me, and I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to go to college to become a teacher. I'm grateful that I'll get to teach my own students once I graduate.

3. Sunday Dinners with Family.
Best. Thing. Ever. We get to have fun and spend time with our families, and eat fantastic home-cooked meals. (No matter how hard I try, I still can't cook as well as my mom or my mother-in-law).

4. Lean Cuisines.
An odd thing to be grateful for, but they really are a fantastic invention. They're pretty much my go-to meal to pack for lunch at school. Try the roasted turkey and apples - you won't regret it!

5. Daniel.
Seriously, what would I do without him? He's my greatest support. The past few weeks have been super stressful, and just when I think I can't take it anymore, Daniel steps in and tells me it's all going to be okay. And you know what? It will be. Especially when he cooks super-yummy homemade dinners for me (which are better than Lean Cuisines).

Oh, and one last thing:
Today, Daniel and I ended up sitting in the back of the chapel because we were running late. Little did we know, President Monson also prefers the back of the chapel. Daniel nudged me a few minutes into the meeting and I watched as the prophet himself took a seat right behind us. I could have reached out and touched him! It may sound silly, but I had never officially met the prophet before and I really, really wanted to shake his hand. When we got up to leave, I got my wish! The man sitting next to us introduced us to President Monson. I got to shake his hand!! He even told me that he liked my bag! Apparently yellow is his favorite color :). I'm still a little starstruck about the whole thing - can you tell? Other prophet posts here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...