You have been a year filled with many memorable moments and big changes. I will never forget the good (and sometimes not-so-good) experiences you brought to me and my husband. We are grateful for all of them. Here are some of our favorites:
- Daniel and I decided we wanted to get married, and started ring shopping.
- We felt the effects of the poor economy when Daniel got laid off his job in February.
- We were very blessed when Daniel found an even better job at Workman Nydegger Law Firm less than 2 weeks later.
- We got engaged on March 31st (and then tried to tell everyone the news the next day. The fact that it was April 1st made this a little tricky.)
- Daniel traveled to Spokane, Washington to watch his brother Sam graduate from Gonzaga Law School.
- I had my wisdom teeth pulled while Daniel was gone, and was quite loopy miserable the whole time.
- I started this blog!
- I traveled to Hawaii with my family while Daniel stayed at home.
- Daniel and I went to the fabulous Oakley Rodeo with our friends.
- I buckled down with wedding plans and pinned down all the fun details of the big day.
- I received my endowments in the Salt Lake Temple.
- Daniel and I got married for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple on August 16th. It was the greatest day of my entire life, and the best decision I have ever made.
- We traveled to Newport Beach, California for our sunny and relaxing honeymoon. It was perfect.
- I lived on my own for the first time when we moved into our cozy apartment in Holladay.
- Oh, and we moved into President Monson's ward.
- Daniel took me on my very first fishing trip, and I caught two fish!
- We discovered that our apartment was previously home to a real-life mad scientist.
- We spent my birthday at Daniel's cabin with our friends, and I went four-wheeling for the first time.
- I got my first haircut of the year in November. Horrible, I know...but it's true. I didn't cut my hair for 11 months.
- Daniel and I spent our first Thanksgiving together. It was fabulous!
- Daniel and I both successfully finished our semesters at the U of U.
- I quit my job at the Instacare.
- We decorated our very first Christmas tree together and had a blast.
- We celebrated our first Christmas as a married couple, and shared it with our wonderful family and friends.
Out of all the moments, I think we can both agree that this day wins the prize for the best part of 2010.
Thank you for taking us on such a fun ride this year. We can't wait to see what next year has in store!
M & D