Thursday, August 11, 2011

wedding week: the ceremony

the ceremony.

Our ceremony was at 10:20 in the morning in the Salt Lake Temple. That morning, I was so, so happy. I've never felt anything like it before or since. Right before we got married, Daniel and I got to sit together in a room while our guests were being seated. That short, quiet moment in the temple with Daniel was so sweet and special to me. I couldn't believe it was all happening.

tidbits

This tidbit is more like a story. We were so lucky to have Daniel's grandfather be our sealer. In fact, Daniel's grandfather was actually the very first person we told that we were getting married. When we decided we were going to tie the knot for sure, we figured out that we had a lot of time constraints with school starting and bridesmaids being out of town. It turned out that there was only one week in August that we would be able to get married, and we'd have to do it at the beginning of the week if we wanted to go on our honeymoon.

To make sure we got our date, I actually called and scheduled the temple about three weeks before we got engaged! When I called, they asked if I wanted to have a specific person as our sealer, and Daniel had told me to request his grandfather. When I told them, the lady on the phone said "Oh, wonderful. We will let him know the next time he comes in." Eek! We weren't even engaged! I called Daniel in a panic. I really didn't want Daniel's grandfather to hear the news from a receptionist at the temple! Daniel and I decided that we would talk to him before and tell him our plans - even though it wasn't "ring official" yet. When we talked to him, he was so happy for us and absolutely supportive. He kept our little secret for weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I am loving this wedding retrospective! It was a great month last August was! Love ya! xoxo Mim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...