Saturday, August 13, 2011

wedding week: the fun stuff

this post is all about the fun stuff. 

The white dress.

The gray tux + yellow tie.

The "something old" shoes + argyle socks.

The bouquet.

The best friends.

The greatest family.

The behind-the-scenes shots.

The cake.

The flowers.

The bridesmaids.

The groomsmen.

The cutest nieces and nephews in the world.

The rings.

The favors.

tidbits
1.  My grandmother sewed every single one of the bridesmaid skirts by hand. Did I mention there were nine of them? She will forever be my hero.
2. My sister-in-law Jessica made the darling ties for the nephews, and the cutest outfit and headband for my niece. She's super creative! (Check out her blog to see more!)
3. Daniel's aunt Caytie made the darling flower rings we gave to the bridesmaids as favors. Do I know some talented people, or what?
4. I'm not kidding when I say my mom and I went to every bridal shop from Bountiful to Provo looking for dresses. I probably tried on hundreds of them but none of them seemed like me. I always felt like I was wearing a costume, and I didn't want to feel that way on my wedding day. It was all worth it when I finally found my dress.
5. Also - my dress was originally sleeveless.
6. I procrastinate. I bought my jewelry two days before the wedding. Eek!
7. If you thought the jewelry was cause for a panic - the alterations on my dress were also finished two days before the wedding. Whew!
8. My mom and I did all the table flowers ourselves! White Ikea vases, candles, and yellow spider mums did the trick. (p.s. I call them "firework flowers")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...