Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Confessions of a Teacher-in-Training.

I have a feeling that this "confessions of a teacher-in-training" post is going to be a recurring one on the blog this coming year. Every now and then, I'm going to write down a few of my experiences and adventures (both good and bad) just to document them and keep you all updated. And don't worry, I won't use any names!

Here are a few of my "confessions" from this past week:

-  This week has been pretty much surreal for me. On Monday, I attended my very first faculty meeting! I met the new principal, and got introduced to all of the teachers and staff at Mill Creek Elementary. On Tuesday, I attended my first all-day teacher workshop where we talked about changes to the curriculum this year. I also spent several days with my site teacher (let's call her Mrs. H) setting up our classroom!

-  I absolutely LOVE Mrs. H. I can tell she's an amazing teacher. She has so much experience, and I'm super excited to learn from her. She even invited me to go out to dinner with her tomorrow! How cool is she?!

-  Mrs. H's last student teacher was pretty much awesome. I've met her, and I've heard a lot about some of the things she did. I really, really hope I can do well this year, because I think I have some pretty big shoes to fill. (gulp.)

-  When I got home from the school today, Daniel told me I smelled like a teacher. What does a teacher smell like, anyway? Pencils and textbooks? Because that's what I think I smell like. 

-  I can't believe I'm only a few days away from meeting our class of 6th graders. I'm excited and nervous at the same time! I hope they like me. I hope I do a good job. I hope it all starts to come naturally, because sometimes I feel like I'm going to be totally lost once there are kids in those 26 desks! It's going to be so weird to start answering to Mrs. Sorensen.

1 comment:

  1. Ah!! Mrs. Sorensen!! I totally just realized that the little children are not going to call you Mandy! So weird! But I love it! You're going to do great, Mrs. Sorensen!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...