Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree!

I am loving everything about Christmas right now. 
But most of all, I am loving our Christmas tree! Can you tell?!
We got this fabulous tree from Daniel's parents when they got a new one this year. We're so grateful that they gave it to us! If they hadn't, and I had to pick a real one out, we might have ended up with something similar to the one on the Charlie Brown Christmas special. Haha. But seriously. D and I had so much fun putting up the tree together. We cranked up the Christmas music and got decorating!

 "Fluffing" the tree. So crucial.

 Both of our parents had given us a few of our cute ornaments from when we were kids, and we had picked out a few of our own this year too.





This is one of my favorite ornaments. We fondly call it "The Puff Bird."

This is another one of my favorite ornaments. It's kind of a special tradition in my family. An ornament just like this one was always found on my Grandma and Grandpa J's Christmas tree when I was growing up. It was a definite favorite for the grandkids. We called it "Naughty Boy," and this is why...

When you push the little button at the top of his hat, he sticks his tongue out at you! How funny is that?! My cousins and I had so much fun with it. Before my grandparents passed away, they were able to find someone who made these ornaments, and they purchased one for every single one of their grandchildren. This is the first year that I've had my own Christmas tree to decorate, so I was thrilled to finally hang it up. Each time I look at it, it always reminds me of them. 

 These are a few of our Christmas purchases from Tai Pan Trading. I love that place. It's this huge store filled with every type of home decor you could ever want. I could get very, very carried away in that store. If you haven't been there, consider this as a warning: you WILL get sucked in.


The finished product. We had to get a little creative when it came to where we put our stockings since we don't have a fireplace. However, there is a heater vent just below the table, and I figured that was as close as we were going to get. I love having our tree turned on, and we're probably going to regret it when we see the electric bill for this month since we have it on so often. It might sound silly, but I just feel like it brings the spirit of the holidays into our little apartment. It makes it feel so warm and cozy.


I hope you are all loving the holiday season as much as we are!
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...