Wednesday, December 29, 2010

hungry for more...

I may have spent an inordinate amount of time reading The Hunger Games today. 

 A few of my students have been bugging me for months to read the books, but I just haven't had time. My wonderful husband gave me the series for Christmas, and I haven't put them down since!

 In all honesty, it's actually been a really long time since I've read a book that I can't put down. Okay, okay...let me rephrase that. It's actually been a really long time since I've read a book at all. (I'm not counting all the textbook chapters and articles that I have to read for school. bleh.) Today I realized that I've kind of missed being able to choose what I want read. Getting lost in a book is one of my favorite things. 

In other news, D and I are going out to dinner with my family tonight at one of our favorite restaurants - Five Alls. If you haven't heard of it, you aren't alone. It's a pretty small restaurant at the intersection of Foothill Drive and 23rd East, and I had no idea it even existed until a few years ago. I drive past that intersection quite often, but there's hardly even a sign outside their door. Inside, though, it's a whole different story. The restaurant set up Medieval-style complete with pewter cups, low lighting, and servers wearing classic Medieval clothes. The food is great too - an entire five-course meal!! Sooo delicous.

Wondering where the name "Five Alls" came from?

Well my dad would be the guy to ask, but since he's not here, I googled it for you.


"In reference to five different social groups, each characterized as an "all." The King, who governs [or rules for] all; The Bishop, who prays for all; A Lawyer, who pleads for all; A Soldier, who fights for all; and A Peasant, who pays for all." 

Now I feel a little bit more prepared in case I end up in the Cash Cab in NYC. Don't you?! 
You never know when useless trivia will come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...