Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dear 2010,

You have been a year filled with many memorable moments and big changes. I will never forget the good (and sometimes not-so-good) experiences you brought to me and my husband. We are grateful for all of them. Here are some of our favorites: 

  • Daniel and I decided we wanted to get married, and started ring shopping.
  • We felt the effects of the poor economy when Daniel got laid off his job in February.
  • We were very blessed when Daniel found an even better job at Workman Nydegger Law Firm less than 2 weeks later.
  • We got engaged on March 31st (and then tried to tell everyone the news the next day. The fact that it was April 1st made this a little tricky.)
  • Daniel traveled to Spokane, Washington to watch his brother Sam graduate from Gonzaga Law School.
  • I had my wisdom teeth pulled while Daniel was gone, and was quite loopy miserable the whole time.
  • I started this blog!
  • I traveled to Hawaii with my family while Daniel stayed at home. 
  • Daniel and I went to the fabulous Oakley Rodeo with our friends.
  • I buckled down with wedding plans and pinned down all the fun details of the big day.
  • I received my endowments in the Salt Lake Temple.
  • Daniel and I got married for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple on August 16th. It was the greatest day of my entire life, and the best decision I have ever made.
  • We traveled to Newport Beach, California for our sunny and relaxing honeymoon. It was perfect.
  • I lived on my own for the first time when we moved into our cozy apartment in Holladay.
  • Oh, and we moved into President Monson's ward.
  • Daniel took me on my very first fishing trip, and I caught two fish!
  • We discovered that our apartment was previously home to a real-life mad scientist.
  • We spent my birthday at Daniel's cabin with our friends, and I went four-wheeling for the first time.
  • I got my first haircut of the year in November. Horrible, I know...but it's true. I didn't cut my hair for 11 months.
  • Daniel and I spent our first Thanksgiving together. It was fabulous!
  • Daniel and I both successfully finished our semesters at the U of U.
  • I quit my job at the Instacare.
  • We decorated our very first Christmas tree together and had a blast.
  • We celebrated our first Christmas as a married couple, and shared it with our wonderful family and friends.


Out of all the moments, I think we can both agree that this day wins the prize for the best part of 2010.
Thank you for taking us on such a fun ride this year. We can't wait to see what next year has in store!

Much Love,

M & D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...