Friday, December 17, 2010

happy endings.

I am so happy right now!!

First of all, D and I finished up with finals last night! Well, technically I guess it was this morning. I submitted my last 10-page term paper at 3:30 am. I put the "pro" in procrastination.

Today was also my official last day at the Memorial Clinic Instacare. Like I said before, it felt bittersweet. It might seem kind of silly to say, but that place has really become a part of me. I learned a TON working there - about insurance, the healthcare system, and a lot of useful tidbits about medical conditions. I kind of belonged behind that desk. I've also made some wonderful friends working at the clinic. Seriously, I don't think they realize how much I have loved spending time with them. I'll miss those slow moments in the day when we could just sit and chat about our lives and funny experiences we had with patients. I might even kind of miss the crazy times when we were all racing around with charts and ice packs and clipboards and forms and wheelchairs and gauze and labels and who knows what else. Don't worry though, I'll still be around. One of my managers asked if I would stay on a PRN schedule instead of a regular schedule. PRN is hospital lingo for "as needed" (do not ask me why). So if they need random shifts covered here and there, my name is still left in the pool. I'm glad I get to keep my badge, because I don't think I'd have the heart to hand it in for good.

I called Daniel on the way home from work and told him I felt as free as a bird. No more school, and no more work! (except a few students next week, but who is counting?) I have so much to catch up on. Pretty sure our apartment looks like a bachelor pad, and I am wearing clothes I didn't even know I still had because all of my regular attire is on our bedroom floor. I'm not quite sure what food we have besides Lean Cuisines and cereal, because that has pretty much been my diet lately. That, and Lindor Truffles. Curse my cute student who gave me a huge bag of them as a Christmas present...

Now, off to dinner with my cute husband to celebrate all of our happy endings.


I am so in love with this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...