Tuesday, May 31, 2011

memoooorial day.

Our Memorial Day was wonderful.

We made the most of the day by waking up extra early. We took a drive up the canyon to eat breakfast at Ruth's Diner, which was apparently a very popular idea. It was packed! We waited 45 minutes while they held my I.D. hostage in exchange for their little buzzer thing. (I thought that was so funny! Who would even want to steal one of those?) 

The wait gave us some time to wander around and snap a few pictures, so we weren't complaining. Until it got really cold, and then I was complaining.




Please note the SNOW on the mountain. 


The river was so full up there!

When we finally got inside, I loved all the vintage pictures.

 Some famous mile-high biscuits. 

When I am old, can I please be her?



The food was yummy, as always, but I was sad that it was too cold to sit out on the patio like we always did growing up.

After our breakfast adventure, we met up with my family and saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie in IMAX 3D. It was my first 3D movie experience, and it was awesome. Of course, we ate way too much popcorn in addition to all the other crappy food I've eaten this weekend. Pretty sure I'm paying for it all now.

After the show, D and I wandered around the Gateway (our favorite place) and made a few sale purchases. Then we met up with the Petersons for a little family BBQ. We were very late, but it made for a good story. For some reason, I thought the party was at my Grandparent's house, so we drove all the way out to Sandy and were literally in their driveway when we realized there were no cars there. I re-read the text message and realized that I am an idiot. The party was at my parent's place, which is clear on the other side of the valley in Sugarhouse. We made it there in record time, but I was still quite embarrassed when I had to explain our little "detour."

3 comments:

  1. Wasn't it Memorial Day when we used to go with Grandma and Grandpa to Ruth's? Uncle Chris thought it was Labor Day. It sounds like you had so much fun. We had a fabulous lunch with Char at the Red Iguana. It was super yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've totally been there! fun place :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...