Friday, February 4, 2011

some recent adventures.





 (Yes, D and I do use a potato masher to squish the bacon. I like it flat and crispy, okay!?)


 A few days ago, we decided to make breakfast for dinner. I love cooking with D whenever I get the chance. It's kind of a bonding experience, you know?

Except...when you almost set the apartment on fire. 

One small grease fire, and our entire one-bedroom apartment was filled with smoke. Seriously people. I am talking real live smoke. Like the kind that makes it so you can't see anything. We had every single window and the front door wide open to try and get rid of it so we could breathe in there. It was quite the adventure.
At least the food was good! Ha!

Want to see another one of our adventures for the week?

Yes, this is D wearing a plastic garbage bag and sitting in the bathroom. I promise there is a logical explanation. 

One evening, I was sitting on the couch minding my own business when Daniel came into the room. I was completely unprepared for the question he was about to ask me. 

"Hey Mandy, would you want to give me a haircut?"

...a...what?

No, I never went to hair school. And I had certainly never given anyone a haircut before. Come to think of it, I don't even recall ever trimming my own bangs. 

But of course, like a crazy person, I said yes.

And I poked a hole in a garbage bag. And I sat him down on an upside-down bucket in the bathroom. And I cut his hair with a half-charged beard trimmer.


Here's my handsome man halfway through the process....


...and here's the after! What do you think?!

I'm definitely not going pro, but it could have been a lot worse. 
(D looks so happy about this photo doesn't he?)


p.s. Tomorrow is Daniel's 24th Birthday! So exciting! I can't believe he's already 24. Sometimes I feel so old. And I can't wait to finally spend a relaxing day with my favorite person in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...