Monday, July 4, 2011

revolutionary berries, and happy 4th of july!

Happy 4th of July!

I hope you're all having a wonderful Independence Day! We sure are. The agenda today has included a wonderful neighborhood breakfast, swimming at my grandparents' house, a family BBQ, and revolutionary berries. 

What are revolutionary berries, you ask? Well...

 


Aren't they darling?! I first saw the idea in a photo on this blog. They looked so patriotic (and so tasty) that I just couldn't resist making them for the BBQ. They were a huge hit!

In case you want to make them, here's what you'll need.

Revolutionary Berries

Whole strawberries
Wax paper
White chocolate chips
Blue sugar sprinkles

1. Wash the strawberries, and make sure they're dry.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (use 1/2 power, and stir about every 30 seconds).
3. Dip the strawberries in the chocolate, leaving some red at the top.
4. Dip the tip of the chocolate-covered berry into your blue sprinkles.
5. Place on wax paper, and let set for about 15 minutes.
6. Enjoy!

We've had such a fun day already, and we're excited to watch the Sugarhouse Fireworks tonight with family and friends. My favorite fireworks are the ones that look like gold glitter! Happy 4th!

2 comments:

  1. My mom was JUST telling me about how she saw these on Best Bites today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the berries, and I love the gold glitter fireworks too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...