Thursday, July 14, 2011

red butte garden and wedding memories.





Did you know my aunt is an artist? 
I know, I know...I'm one lucky gal. Aunt Julie has done some very beautiful paintings, but this one is my favorite. She painted it as a wedding present for Daniel and I. What makes it even more special is that it was inspired by the beautiful flowers at Red Butte Garden where we had our wedding reception. We are absolutely in love with it. It reminds me of that warm, perfect evening that I stood in those gardens next to my brand-new husband in my prettiest white dress. If you look closely in the painting, you can see that she painted the gardens at sunset, which is exactly how I remember them.


Aunt Julie, we can't thank you enough for this beautiful reminder of our wedding day. We are so grateful for your talent and that you've shared it with us. This painting will always be a treasure of ours. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Love,
M

Oh, and P.S. My aunt also has a blog called Laughing Horse Art. She posts photos of her paintings, if you'd like to see them. She also posted some progress photos of the one she did for us! It was so cool to see step-by-step how it came to be. If you want to see those photos, visit here, here, here, and here.

2 comments:

  1. Mandy, I'm so glad you both love it! I wanted it to always remind you both of your special day. When times are rough throughout the years (that's life)just look at the painting and remember your marriage was made in heaven and forever. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- gorgeous wedding photo! So elegant and peaceful.

    Notes She Wrote

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...