Saturday, January 22, 2011

man cold.

Poor D has a cold. And when D gets sick, he does get pretty sick. I think it has something to do with the fact that his sinuses aren't exactly functional. I always feel bad because when I catch a head cold, it's not usually as bad as when D gets one.

Even so, I didn't think it would be too harmful to tease him just a little about his "man cold." If you are unfamiliar with the "man cold," it's has to do with the common stereotype that men are total babies when they're sick (totally true if you ask me). They catch the same colds as women do, but unlike us, they can't seem to go about their daily lives. Instead, they crumple up on the couch and think they're dying.

On the way home from getting medicine at the grocery store, the "man cold" came up in our conversation.
It went something like this:

(After blowing his nose loudly) "Mandy, I think I might die."

"Daniel...you totally have a man cold."

"A man cold?"

"Yeah. When you catch a cold, it's like 50 times worse just because you're a man."

His eyes lit up like he'd discovered something he'd been searching for his whole life.

"Is that true?! Why do you think that is?!"

I was laughing pretty hard at this point.

"Oh yeah, it's definitely true. It's because men just can't seem to handle colds as well as women can."

Then the real lightbulb went on.

I received an angry scowl followed by something like "That is such a joke!" and "You are way more of a baby when you're sick!" Blah blah blah....

As soon as we got home, I turned to the Internet for some proof and I dug up this hilarious gem.

Watch it. I promise you won't regret it.



I think it's SO TRUE!!!!

But I'd love to know what you guys think!

Settle the age-old dispute: is the "man cold" fact or fiction?

1 comment:

  1. haha. This is hilarious! Hope that he feels better! I know you're take good care of him just rub his forehead and say "poor little bunny" i hear that does just the trick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...