Saturday, February 15, 2014

Cabin and the Oakley Farmer's Market

Actual Date: August 3, 2013

This weekend, we escaped up to the cabin with Daniel's family while his parents were in town. I don't think I ever mentioned this on the blog, but Daniel's parents moved to Pahrump, Nevada in June of 2013. Yes, Pahrump is a real city! It's a cute little town about an hour outside of Las Vegas, and near Death Valley. They decided to move so Daniel's Dad, who is a renowned surgeon, could work at the town's hospital. They have never had a surgeon there before! Pahrump is lucky to have such an amazing couple down there, and we miss them lots!

aaaaanyway...

While we were there, Emily and I took a quick drive to Oakley to visit the Farmer's Market! It was full of adorable things, and we left with some super fun stuff.

Emily scooped up that adorable little basket, handmade in Africa!

We got our faces painted like 5-year olds :)

The most amazing cranberry orange bread that I still dream about.

Rock magnets! I picked the green and white ones, and they still hang happily on my fridge.

Daniel reading to our niece, Hannah. Precious! (I know it looks like the book is upside down, but I promise it's not. It's really two books in one, so the story he was reading starts from the other side!)

Kimi and her best horsey-friend. We tried SO hard to get the rest of them to come hang out with us, but none of them were interested. Rude!

The cabin is fun any time of year, but there's lots to do up there in the summer. I can't wait to go back!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...