Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Zoo Day

Actual Date: July 19, 2013

This past summer, Daniel, Kimi and I got together and headed on an adventure to the Hogle Zoo. Pretty sure it's one of my favorite places in SLC, and the fact that Kimi is the keeper of the Sorensen Season Pass made our day even sweeter. If you ask Kimi and I, the Dippin' Dots also contributed to the sweetness.

It was the first time I had been there since they re-did some of the enclosures, and I loved seeing all the new stuff! Here's some photos of our fabulous day:

Me and my soul sister enjoying our Dippin' Dots
 Snoozing Rhinos
 A sneaky Peregrin Falcon who ended up escaping during the free-flight bird show.
 The barn owl that made my day.
 Sleepy alligator dude.
 The burrowing owl who became my best friend.
 A majestic leopard.
 A tiger stalking around the foliage.
 Hello, Mr. Giraffe!

And that was our day at the Zoo! 

The funniest part of the day was during the bird show, when the falcon pictured above was doing a free-flight exercise with a trainer. He flew up, up, up....and away! Haha! The trainers didn't know what to do. Apparently he does this often, and they tracked him all the way to Farmington the last time he got away. What a sneaky bird!

...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...