Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dear D,

You deserve an award for being such an awesome husband. Just thought you should know. But since I don't know of any husband contests going on around these parts, I decided to write you a thank you note instead:

Thank you for being so thoughtful. You remembered the time we were at the store and I saw that beautiful Kate Spade bag on a great sale. I never told you how much I wanted it, but somehow you knew. After a long day of interviews, field trips, and teacher panels, I couldn't believe my eyes when I got home to find it sitting on the table with the sweetest note. I love my new bag, but I love you even more. Also, I'm sorry that I cried.

Thank you for laughing with me all the time. You have such a wonderful sense of humor. I love that it still feels like a sleepover, even after more than a year and a half, when we get to go to sleep together every night. I also love that we can start an epic game of truth or dare while the dinner is taking an extra long time to cook. It makes those little moments so much more fun!

Thank you for never getting frustrated about the constant piles of papers and notebooks that are all over the apartment. Teaching comes with more papers than I could have ever imagined, and I'm so grateful that you are understanding.

Thank you for volunteering to do the dishes, even when it's not your turn. You know how much I hate to do them, so even when it's me that let them pile up, you do it without being asked.

Thank you for always being supportive. You encourage me to do whatever makes me happy and remind me to take time for myself when I need it.

Thank you for going on adventures with me, like picking up random ingredients at the store because I want to try a recipe I saw on Pinterest. Or going on a walk with me in the pouring rain when you've already showered for the day. Or going to the D.I. to find a costume for a party. I appreciate it more than you know.

Thank you for always telling me that I'm beautiful. I notice how often you say it. Some days, I really need to hear it.

Daniel, you are the most wonderful husband and you are perfect for me. Lately, I have been feeling extra grateful to have you in my life. Every single day, I thank my Heavenly Father for sending such a wonderful person to be my companion for eternity. Thanks for being my partner in everything.

Love always,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...