Monday, April 18, 2011

Dear Utah: I love you, but your weather is bipolar.

And let's be honest - I'm kinda getting sick of it.

You see, I'm a warm weather gal. I think you knew that already. Because lately, you seem to enjoy tempting me with these little tastes of the sunny weather I crave, but just when I'm feeling content, you rip it all right out from under me with some horrible storm! Personally, I think it's verging on rude. I feel like a sad little girl who's ice cream keeps falling off the top of her ice cream cone.

This is what I'm talking about:

On Saturday, I spent the day...
chatting outside with friends
sipping jamba juices
watching lacrosse games
and even getting a little sunburned.

On Sunday, I spent the day...
taking long walks with D around our neighborhood
wearing shorts
admiring spring flowers
and waving at people I didn't even know.

But today, I've spent the day...
with my (super awkward creeper-looking) hood on
wearing soggy flats
and jeans with soggy pant legs
while dodging a million worms on campus.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...please give me my warm weather back. To stay this time. I'd really appreciate it.

Love always,

M


P.S. I know there's a chance you won't respond to my letter. I have a feeling you're getting a whole lot of hate-mail right now. So, I'll get out my rainy day music just in case. It's possible that this song might just cheer me up. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...