In light of this one-month "milestone," I thought I'd share a few of the highlights from our first month of marriage.
- Mandy washing a few brand-new beach towels with a load of other clothes. I have never seen so much lint in my life.
- Daniel and Mandy setting off the smoke detector on two separate occasions while cooking dinner.
- Mandy and Daniel living for an entire week without the most basic of necessities: Internet and a microwave. (Special thanks to the Roos-Lawrence family for fixing the microwave problem!)
- Mandy and Daniel walking side-by-side into church with President Thomas S. Monson, and then hearing his personal testimony on Fast Sunday.
- Mandy officially changing her last name from Jacobsen to Sorensen.
- Daniel and Mandy (okay...mostly Daniel) starting a new exercise/eat-right kick.
I also read a quote today that I think describes our marriage perfectly so far:
"Our marriage has always been a 50/50 proposition - with the possible exception of closet space."
-- Gene Perret
So true, Gene. So true.