Monday, March 19, 2012

these past few weekends...

Even though she was buried alive, Baby Corolla survived another epic snowstorm! She's such a champion, even though she hates snow as much as I do. Baby and I are a great team.
We took a much-needed road trip up to the cabin with Daniel's family. On the way up, we listened to good old-fashioned mix CDs in the Jeep. At the cabin, we made a chicken pot pie, almost finished a crossword, munched on chips and salsa, and cuddled up to watch a movie. We also took in the beautiful scenery on the ATVs, had deep conversations about religion and dinosaurs, and figured out how many Sorensens it takes to change an ATV battery. I wore my raccoon hat the whole day :)
The Jazz played the Pistons, and won! Thanks to Groupon, we were there to support them. Oh, and of course the Lawrences were there too! 
 


We ate at Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana downtown on St. Patrick's day, and it was amazing. Have you ever eaten there? My sister-in-law who served her mission in Italy says it's the place to go in SLC for authentic Italian-style pizza. The appetizer we ordered looked amazing (and tasted even better), and my pizza had enough kalamata olives on it to make me one happy camper.

Oh weekends, why do you come and go so quickly? Please come again soon! 

In other news...I have less than 2 weeks of student teaching left (eep!), I'm about a month and a half away from graduating (double eep!), and life is good around here in the Sorensen house. I'm excited to have a little time to myself after student teaching is over. It's been a long, long year. Hip, hip, hooray!


2 comments:

  1. first of all, that picture of you and em at the jazz game is darling! and second of all, yay for graduating!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...