Thursday, October 6, 2011

Confessions of a Teacher-in-Training: I'm a bad blogger.

I probably should apologize for being a terrible blogger these days, but I'm pretty much lucky if I get more than 4 hours of sleep in with the 14 hours of homework I did yesterday. My poor blog has had to go on the back burner, but it's time for an update!

My University classes and tutoring have been pretty rough lately, but student teaching is going wonderfully! My kids are the best. I've taught some really fun lessons lately that I've felt really good about. I've also loved getting closer with the other student teachers in my cohort. There are some seriously awesome people that are going to be teachers, guys. There is still hope for education!

Also, I have to share the most hilarious conversation I had with one of my students. Some background: this happened on the very first day I taught by myself without my teacher being at the school. We were just coming inside from recess.

Tristan: Mrs. Sorensen! Mrs. Sorensen! Nay lost a tooth at recess!
Me: Hmm, that's weird that Nay is still losing teeth. I would think he'd be done by 6th grade.
Tristan: Yeah, that is weird..........unless you think about how I hit him with a basketball in the face at recess....
Me: What?!?
Tristan: But don't worry! He's in the office, and he's going to be fine!

Yep. I have some awesome students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...