Tuesday, October 5, 2010

the case of the missing pizza pan....

No joke, this just happened.

Sometimes Daniel and I like to make those pizzas in the oven that you buy in the freezer section (don't judge me). So tonight, I was tutoring and Daniel wanted to make one for us. I get a text asking me where the pizza pan is. Thinking my husband was too lazy to try and find it, I replied with a few places that he could look. He texted back shortly after telling me that the pan wasn't there. "Hmmm..." I thought. But I was still absolutely certain that he had missed something and that I would find it when I got home. After all, it's not like our kitchen is big enough to even echo, let alone actually lose something in.

So I walk in the door to find the pizza cooking on the oven rack with no pan - he still hadn't found it! (But he had gotten so desperate that he cooked the pizza anyway...which I thought was funny...). But he bottom line was, we still had a missing pizza pan. I proceeded to check the usual places, and I was kind of surprised when I didn't see it. I expanded my search as Daniel stood there with his arms folded and a smug look on his face. After I had scanned the entire kitchen to no avail, I started taking everything out of the cabinets. It HAD to be there! Who on earth loses a pizza pan?!

But no. There was no pizza pan. It was gone. Absolutely gone. So I did what any other normal person would do after 20 minutes of searching an itty bitty room - I sat on the kitchen floor with all of the cabinets open and sulked. However, as I was sulking, I noticed something. You know that drawer that's under some ovens? Well, we have one of those. The drawer was wide open because of my search, and I could kind of see the area under the oven and behind the drawer. And guess what I saw? That's right, the PIZZA PAN! It had somehow slipped behind the drawer and under the oven. How on earth I saw that, I do not know. But I'm so glad we were able to solve the case of the missing pizza pan. I don't think Daniel and I had even been so confused in our lives.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, you can totally cook pizzas on the rack of the oven. They turn out just fine! I guess you don't even need a pizza pan after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...