Thursday, August 5, 2010

Gum Shoe and Marriage License

So today was a pretty important day as far as the wedding is concerned. Daniel and I got our super-official marriage license!! I was kind of nervous at first, but that's probably because I watched the "The Proposal" the other day. I had somehow gotten it into my head that they were going to put us in separate rooms, and grill us with all these personal questions about each other. Turns out, you fill out a little form and sign it, show the lady your driver's license, and you're out the door.

It ended up that stepping out the door was the worst part of the experience. I somehow managed to step in a terrible wad of pink bubblegum on the way to the car. Only, I didn't realize until after I had gotten into Daniel's car. But (this is how you know you are marrying the best man in the whole world) Daniel was more worried about my poor leopard-print flat than he was about his car! Isn't he fabulous?


For those few of you who are still worried about the gum in the car - don't worry, the car is fine. But for the rest of you who are holding their breath for the leopard-print shoe, I am pleased to report that it has also made a full recovery.

I guess there are three things I learned today:
  1. Gum goes in the trash. Seriously.
  2. Don't believe everything you see in the movies.
  3. I have a super-sweet, very wonderful fiancee, and I am grateful for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...