Sunday, February 16, 2014

Classroom Setup, Year 2!

Actual Date: August-ish?

This past year, I started my 2nd year teaching! I am still teaching at Mill Creek Elementary, and this year I am teaching 5th grade. At the beginning, it felt kind of strange to just have one grade level to worry about, since last year I had two! I ended up having to move my classroom to the end of the hallway to make room for another 4th grade class, so I had to start all over in the classroom setup department.

First of all, I cannot thank my fabulous friends and family enough for helping me get my room ready this year. I had SO many people in there helping me move boxes, hang bulletin boards, clean stuff out, and organize everything. I seriously could not have done it without you guys! I'm looking at you, Daniel, Mom, Allison, Emily, Kimi, Lizzie, Lauren, Marianne, etc! You are a bunch of lifesavers.

It started off a little rocky. Moving stuff was seriously not fun, and the teacher before me had left a lot of things to be cleaned out...


 *CRINGE* this is what I found at the bottom of the ball bin. Gives me chills to this day. You should have seen what we found in the desk drawers...


But we finally got some things to come together.



And, with the help of Lizzie, we created a fun little welcome bulletin board for my kiddos!


And that brings us to what it looks like today. These photos were taken about a week ago in my classroom. Looking back, I can't believe what the room looked like before!








My little owl lantern friend who presides over the classroom.



And there you have it! My 5th grade classroom for the 2013-2014 school year. This year has been a lot easier than last year. The combination of only having one grade instead of a split, and it being my 2nd year teaching has been so much better. If you're a first year teacher and you're reading this - just know it gets better! =) You can do it!

                                                                                      ... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...